It’s common to go through posts and motivational quotes on social media or generally hear people advocate for the need to “do what makes you happy or gives you peace”. America is the land of the free and we’ve seen what that freedom could mean…. from marrying a dog to marrying a suitcase or even oneself. All sort is happening all around the world all because of this consciousness of being true to oneself and staying “happy”. I watched the movie, “WonderWoman”, (please watch it on your laptop, it’s not worth shi shi) and the message was that the world would probably end in chaos and destruction if everyone did what made them happy.
We cannot and should not ignore the fact that the interpretation of the phrase has broadened overtime.
It is really just beginning to get me worried because it would appear everything is now acceptable as long as “it makes you happy” or its you “being true to yourself”.
I have questions;
- Is it permissible for humans to do as they please as long as it makes them happy?
2. Should there be a limit to doing what makes us happy?
3. What if what makes us happy makes other people sad or infringes on their right?
4.Are there or should there be restrictions to doing what makes you whole?
5. What If what makes you happy is not a popular opinion or say it’s even against the law?
6. What if it bothers on “immorality”?
7. If yes, who and what defines this standard of morality?
I need answers oooooo, please share your views in the comment section.